Teaching at Forte
Would you like to teach at Forte?
Do you want to inspire, interest and motivate your students?
Forte is always on the lookout for motivated people with natural flair and a genuine passion for music teaching. We have great employment opportunities for these people who are open to new learning and developing their teaching skills.
Good teachers are able to find the key to spark each of their students' interest and are always on the lookout for new ideas and more exciting ways to teach. At Forte, we understand this and have developed innovative teaching techniques, super learning strategies and a dynamic curriculum that is fun for you and your students.
At Forte we provide:
- proven marketing and promotional strategies to get students for you
- comprehensive teacher training programmes
- administrative support including timetabling, student newsletters and more
- all account dealings - we invoice fees, collect fees and pay you
- ongoing teacher support and professional development
- air conditioned, well appointed studios
- extensive range of classroom equipment, teaching props and resources
- public liability insurance
And there are some other benefits in store for you...
For those who go on to become a Forte class teacher learning how to teach the Forte aural development here is an excerpt from our business partner forum. In her comments Jane Coles, Forte Cardiff says it all.
We're looking for teachers in: Early Childhood Music, Forte Classes (group keyboard lessons) and the Private Studio (Piano & Instrumental).
Forte teachers are chosen for their friendly disposition and ability to relate to parents and students. The following are the minimum musical requirements to teach at Forte.
Early Childhood Music Teacher
Our Jungle Music and Music is Fun programmes are specifically designed for children aged 0-4 years. Suitable applicants must demonstrate the ability to:
- sing on Pitch
- relate well to young children and their parents
- follow a structured lesson plan
- nurture a love and appreciation of music in children
FORTE CLASS TEACHER
Our beginner keyboard courses (Junior Keys & Piano Keys) are designed for children between the ages of 5 and 11 years. Suitable applicants must demonstrate an ability to:
- play piano to a minimum standard of grade 6 AMEB
- sing on pitch
- play piano and sing simultaneously
- present to a group
- relate well to children and parents.
PRIVATE PIANO / INSTRUMENTAL TEACHERS
We recommend private tuition for students from 8 years. Popular instruments are piano, singing, guitar, flute, violin, clarinet and saxophone. Suitable teacher applicants must demonstrate an ability to:
- play the instrument/s to Grade 8 AMEB standard (minimum)
- relate well to children and parents
- devise a learning programme that suits a variety of different student needs
- provide tuition that caters to a variety of different student needs
- not all instruments offered at all locations. Tuition is provided subject to client demand
How to apply
If you have grade 7 standard or higher on your instrument, are passionate and enthusiastic about sharing and fostering a love of music with others, we would love to hear from you.
Simply apply online for teaching music to early childhood, piano to beginners and private piano / instrumental music.