Piano Lessons for Children
Ages: 3.5 years to 11 years
Music is Fun is where the playing starts.
We guide young learners from the gross motor actions of a piece (high-lows, slow-fasts) to the keyboard. This is the time when music is made, and even composed, by your child.
Like all Forte courses Music is Fun was developed by a team of early childhood educators, musicians and movement specialists and offers child centred activies that are developmentally appropriate for this age group.
Download your Music is Fun course information sheet here:
Ask now about your FREE introductory lesson by completing the form on this page.
What is Junior Keys about?
JKC is our premier foundation piano course where children develop a rich base of important musical skills. This forms an amazing platform on which to study any instrument in the future, students learn:-
- Reading – notes and rhythm
- Aural skills – by ear recognition of notes and phrases.
- Chord playing, which assist in developing skills such as transposition, composition, improvisation and playing by memory.
- Pattern recognition – music is built using patterns. Your child is taught to recognise musical patterns and this aids in memorisation.
- Transposing – is playing known pieces in other keys or positions on the piano. From the early stages your child will transpose.
- Theory – recognition and writing of music
Download your Junior Keys course information sheet here:
Ask now about your FREE introductory lesson by completing the form.
What is Piano Keys and who is it best for?
We recommend beginners of 8 years and older start in Piano Keys Course.
A full range of musical skills will be developed and there is quite an emphasis on playing piano.
We recommend your child learns in a small group where they can participate in a range of activities required to develop this broader range of musical skills than traditional private lessons.
Download your Piano Keys course information sheet here.